“We need to empathize with the terrorists.” When I first heard this comment my inital reaction was that once again we have a bunch of out of touch fools displaying their complete ignorance. But then I was reminded one of the quotes of Sun Tzu in “The Art of War.”
“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
So let’s go through a short “exercise” and “empathize with the terrorist” and see if we know ourselves and compare us to them and see how things stand.
1. Terrorists – Rights / status of women in terrorist belief system. Property, can’t vote, can’t drive, can’t get an education, can’t own or run a business, can be beaten or even killed if disobedient or violate any tenants that permit the total subjugation of women by men.
Please tell me why I should show tolerance to such a belief system or people who profess this to be their belief. Oh but wait! I am asked to be tolerant. Interesting hypocrisy!
2. Terrorists – Rights of Christians, Jews, the Hindu, Buddhists, et al. Convert! Renounce your faith now and swear allegiance to Islam or die a horrible death.
Now compare that to our First Amendment right of (Note it does not say “from”) freedom of religion here in the US. Although religious beliefs and practice in the US does appear to be under gov’t assault as of late. But I am told that I am the one being intolerant and must “empathize with terrorists.”
3. Terrorists – Freedom of speech. You can’t speak out against the leaders of the faith, leaders of the movement or of any of the followers except on pain of torture or death.
Once again, compare that to our First Amendment right which also appears to be under assault of late by our gov’t or anyone who speaks out against a “select” or “privileged group.”
4. Terrorists – Sexual freedom. Do I need to point out the persecution, torture and even execution of gays, lesbians, transgender or bisexual people in the name of the terrorists belief system. Ah but wait…we must be tolerant. Really?
5. Terrorists – Respect for others / life. So yesterday we have the news that 141 school children were gunned down in their school. We hear of their own people being killed in many terror attacks but that this is a justifiable loss for the cause. Innocents are being beheaded and their bodies desecrated as method of terrorizing those who would oppose them.
In the US we value each and every life. We have soldiers, police, fire, doctors, nurses, and numerous other professionals who sacrifice their time, their families and even their lives to protect the sanctity of life. Oh! But I am such an ignorant, intolerant man!
6. Terrorists – Advancing their belief system. It is only advanced by violence against innocents, warring open those who disagree, annihilate by any and all brutal means possible – especially by targeting civilians and pledging to wipe a race and other religions off the face of the earth.
Sorry, but I am pretty damn intolerant when it comes to that, too!
In the modern world, civil discourse is a sign of a stable and advanced society. One that debates with reasoning and understanding. A society that allows others to express their opinions. Where ethical influence, persuasion and logic are used to move people and change hearts and minds. Not by violence, manipulation or coercion and deception.
So what have we learned about the differences between them and us? Have we empathized enough yet to learn about them? Has their behavior / actions world-wide lead us to any conclusions?
Finally. Goal of terrorism – world domination and annihilation of nonbelievers.
Us. Goal of democracy – a world free of tyranny. I’ll choose this one!
Unfortunately we “think” or “believe” we can “change them” or get them to “like us.” Just send them money and they will be grateful. Sit down at the table and negotiate with them.
BULL!!! To borrow a phrase from a friend (Vernon Geberth NYPD – retired. Homicide Commander), we are dealing with “a psychology of evil.” We are up against a group whose leaders are psychopaths (or sociopaths or anti-social. Pick the term of the day) and are heavily infiltrated by psychopaths or by blind followers who are at least if not more obedient that the followers of a cult group and have been “indoctrinated” for years – from birth until death.
They have NO EMPATHY for us or US! They have NO EMPATHY for their victims! They have “NO REMORSE” for their actions. They despise all who are not like them. Congratulations! You’re a psychopath! You are not going to cure them with love and understanding. You’re an uninformed fool and nothing more than a useful idiot at best.
We have been allowing ourselves and our policies to be dictated by psychopaths who will use our weaknesses against us until we collapse on ourselves. Our policy about dealing with these people is fool hardy at best and totally incompetent and ignorant at worst. We DO NOT understand our enemy and we will lose.
How do you get a psychopath to change his or her behavior? You have to get sick with them and think evil just like them. You will have to fight evil with every horrific means possible. Until a psychopath realizes that their behavior will bring 10 times the pain of hell they have exacted on others they will not change.
Yeah! You BETTER empathize with the enemy because they are about to destroy you! Time you got your head out of the Kool-Aide bucket and look around before your enemy holds your head under and laughs at you as you drown.
Okay…just my opinion!
Feel free to comment below!
Stan B. Walters “The Lie Guy®”
I’ll have a new posting on my blog very soon!
I’ll also have my TED “type” Talk up on YouTube soon!!
It was for Law Enforcement Intelligence Units. Way cool!
But first I need to ask a favor…
I am very close to starting some much requested on-line training courses.
I hope to have the first one out in about a week or 10 days.
But before I go any further than that, I have a couple of questions I need
to ask you.
You can answer the questions here (and learn a little more about what
I have in mind for some online training) at this link:
Thanks for your help!
I appreciate any input or suggestions you might have.
Stan B. Walters
“The Lie Guy®”